Newest Short Story by Jack Goodner posted on Fictitious
Read the full story HERE>>Remembering Rusty, the Cattle Dog That Weren't
Newest short story by Michael E. Mclean posted on Fictitious
Read the full story HERE>> Tajik
Newest Western Short Story by Darrel Sparkman posted on Fictitious
Read the full story HERE>> The Last Warrant
Authors who write in the western genre have a genuine love for the spirit of the old west. They do their part in preserving this spirit through the books they write.
As a western author, I believe this as well. That's why I've taken this love for the spirit of the old west one step further by building a platform where western authors can easily share their work with others and use this site to promote the work they have for sale. As western authors, we're on a mission. A mission to keep the spirit of the old west alive. It's not easy, but we're making progress, one story and one book at a time.
Would you like more exposure for the novels you've written?
How about your writing portfolio, Facebook page, Linkedin profile, or your authors website?
The Rope and Wire website gives published authors more exposure and more name recognition. It gives readers more access to your books and your social outlets. The best part is... it won't cost you a dime. All I ask in exchange is one western short story (written by you). What better way to help keep the spirit of the old west alive.
Send your submission to firstname.lastname@example.org as an email attachment. Send it as a Word, .doc or .rtf file.
Include your stories genre and a brief biography in the body of your email including the title of your latest novel.
Rope and wire will consider an excerpt from one of your novels as long as it is written in short story format, I.E. it must have a beginning, middle and end.
By submitting a story to ROPE AND WIRE you agree…
1. To grant ROPE AND WIRE a non-exclusive license to publish and archive your work for an unlimited period of time. Your work will not be published by us anywhere other than the ROPE AND WIRE website.
2. Submissions shall not contain obscene, indecent language, erotica, bigotry, or sexual abuse in it’s content. Some foul language is acceptable.
3. Submissions shall not contain links, advertisements or promotions.
4. The author of the submission retains the copyright of the submission.
5. By submitting a work to ROPE AND WIRE you are guaranteeing you are the original author and owner of the copyright material submitted.
6. ROPE AND WIRE reserves the right not to publish submissions it deems unsuitable for this website. We do not publish all submissions we receive.
7. Limit your submissions to one per form.
8. ROPE AND WIRE does not give feedback on submissions.
9. Submissions to fall somewhere between 1,500 and 10,000 words.
Keep in mind this is a Western Lifestyle website. Your submissions must reflect this topic. Unless you're submitting a story for the Beyond The Western section.
If this is your first time emailing rope and Wire, you will be asked to "whitelist" your email address. This ensures Rope and Wire that you are a real person and not a spammer.
It's easy. Thanks for your understanding.